Monday, June 27, 2005

So...I havent blogged in forever!

So, I went to Nashville and it was AMAZING. I'm definitely looking into moving down there. I am really excited. It was such a good time and I met lots of country singers. Things down there are just different than around here and I fell in love with it as soon as I got there. Its what I call a "country city" so thats what really got me. I dont like big cities. I have never wanted to live in the city. But I love Nashville and I cant wait to go back.

And I'm now working full time for Forever Broadcasting. I am out doing my own live remotes for Froggy which I LOVE. I think its so fun to go out and meet people from all over who listen to my station. The whole experience is great! And, this may surprise alot of people...especially Mr. Weaver, I am now doing some news. On weekdays (on top of all the other work I do) I record lots of newscasts for WKST. And just so everyone knows.....I STILL DONT LIKE NEWS. I needed the full time job so I could have benefits (I needed insurance!) and the only way to get full time here was to do news. At the end of the summer, after I have saved some money I'm going to start looking for jobs AWAY from New Castle.

Other than all that, not too much has changed.
After reading Pat's blog I have to say that we had an awesome capstone group. Everyone worked really hard and now its paying off. When I used to tell people what my major was....they'd laugh. Many would say that they had that major in school or they knew someone who did and now they work at Wal*Mart. And I always told them that its a hard business to get into and it takes lots of hard work.....and persistence. (just to let them know that they didnt have what it takes to make it in the business!) And then I'd let them know that I already had an on-air job. I liked to rub it in. And now I can also rub in that everyone I graduated with works in the business. HAHA! Thanks guys!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan Marshall said...

hehehe, I DO THAT, TOO! It's so great not only talking about my own accomplishments (which I know we all -- especially bc-ers love to do), but also how far we've all gone! LOVE & MISS Capstone friends 2005!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Danger said...

You know when I got into radio at the University of Memphis in the early/mid 90's I don't remember alot of young women into it like you gals. That is cool. Thanks for posting on my blog. I decided to post on yours. One more thing, being excited about the business will score you points with the right people. If someone does not appreciate your enthusiasm they are not the kinda boss you wanna work for long.

later,
danger

8:33 PM  
Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Glad to see an update and to read about your Nashville trip. Congrats on the full-time position, too! Do they want you to call it "frogging" instead of "blogging" at Froggy?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Glad to see a new post, Ashley! I'm a regular blog checker!

Congratulations on the full time job! It's definitely a good thing that you're willing to compromise a little bit on the job you have because you know it will benefit you in the future. Who knows where that news experience will help you in the future!

I'll have to tell my grandpa that I'm friends with "Ashley Roberts from WKST news", too because he always used to listen to Megan when she was on.

Keep up the good work!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Laura K. said...

glad to see an update, ashley! I'm still bummed cuz I wanted that job you have now haha! So when you leave, totally pass my name on! That's my ideal job!

Congrats on everything!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hey girl! Glad to see everything is working out great for you! I bet your trip was lots of fun. What country singers did you meet? I think we need to go out for a cold one sometime so give me a call! Miss ya!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home