Monday, March 21, 2005

FINALLY

I'm finally at home where the Internet actually works! I have had more problems in the past few weeks with the internet/computers at school and work it is just ridiculous. I used to say, jokingly, that computers hate me. And after the past few weeks I really believe its true. I have never had so many problems. And I'm in an electronic communication class so not having Internet for a while really screwed things up. I was really looking forward to spring break so I could relax, but it seems like thats not going to happen. Yesterday I had to work for 11 hours (1pm-midnite) because Megan is on vacation and Dr. B had plans to go away to Gettysburg. And now I have today (Monday) and tomorrow off, then starting Wednesday I'm working 12 days straight. So I'm not getting much of a break. But at least I dont have to worry about classes right now. I have had so much going on lately I was starting to feel like I was going crazy. But work is going well and I'm getting alot of hours and a lot of on-air time. So thats great for me. I'm getting to "air-check" myself more and thats great for my resume tape. We had a staff meeting this past week and we were on my P.D.'s case about getting us a real air-check machine. It was the three Westminster people bugging him (me, Megan, and Dr. B.) So, hopefully it'll happen soon so I can get better stuff for my tape. The staff meeting was at East Wind Restaurant and it was so weird. I felt very grown up (haha.) Everyone, other than Megan, is for the most part, alot older than me. But it really hit me that this is the real world and this is what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life. And it was nice because I love all the people I work with and they dont try to make me feel like, just because I'm young I cant handle my job. They are very supportive and very respectful. And even though a couple of them call me 'Kid', they treat me as an equal. In fact, I call the one woman I work with ("Holly Hopper", haha) my Radio Mom. I never realized how important it was to work with people like this. They have taught me alot. And with that.....the end.
PS seniors~ when we get back from break we only have a little over a month before we GRADUATE!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Participating in staff meetings shows you're a team player.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Sounds like you want to create a resume tape with your Froggy airchecks-- so what guideliness will you follow-- and how often should you be updating the tape-- you're in a great positin to keep it fresh every week...but blog an entry outlining your resume tape objectives with a specific date to have one to send out...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

FYI: You can log on to blogger.com from any web connected PC- library, lab, etc., to update your blog.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home